ndt-users - Performance measurement boxes evaluation

Subject: ndt-users list created

Performance measurement boxes evaluation

  • From:
  • To: , , ,
  • Subject: Performance measurement boxes evaluation
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 15:15:28 -0500 (EST)

I appoligize for the cross-post and multiple copies. If this information is documented please point me to it, as I have not stumbled across it.

Does anyone know of or has anyone done evaluations of platforms
for performance measurement boxes for the following categories?

1GE - End device to ping and test against
- USB dongle or minimal device.
- Place many of these in network for test points.

1GE - NDT, iPerf, I2 E2E Test suite, etc.
- with 2 - 1GE ports and horse power to genereate 1GE sustained

10GE - NDT, iPerf, I2 E2E Test suite, etc.
- with 1GE and 10GE port and horse power to genereate 10GE
sustained

Thanks,
-Roy Hockett

Network Architect,
ITS Communications Systems and Data Centers
University of Michigan
Tel: (734) 763-7325
Fax: (734) 615-1727
email: