ndt-users - Re: Installation of own NDT server

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Installation of own NDT server

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Installation of own NDT server
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:16:13 -0500

Hi Oliver;

The hardware/os requirements are located in the NDT cookbook (http://www.internet2.edu/pubs/ndt-cookbook.pdf). These may seem a little dated, but NDT does not require much to operate. If you expect lots of traffic, you will require more capability.

An alternate to building your own server from scratch is to use the pS performance toolkit (http://psps.perfsonar.net/toolkit/). This is a CentOS LiveCD or netinstall that contains a pre-build web100 kernel and NDT tool.

Thanks;

-jason

On 1/20/11 8:53 AM,

wrote:
Hi,
I would like to create a NDT server. But I have some question to do this
installation.

1/ sizing of the server, CPU, RAM, network interface, ...
2/ Physical or virtual server ? Wich one is better ?
3/ Wich linux is recommended ? Ubuntu 10.04 ?
4/ x86 or x86_64 ?

And all other informations will very appreciate.

Regards
/Olivier