ndt-users - Re: Knoppix, CentOS, NDT/NPAD ... perfSONAR?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Knoppix, CentOS, NDT/NPAD ... perfSONAR?

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc: , Performance Node Users <>
  • Subject: Re: Knoppix, CentOS, NDT/NPAD ... perfSONAR?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:38:31 -0400

Hi Peter;

On 8/2/10 4:33 PM, Peter Laws wrote:
Hi.

Been running the Knoppix CD with NPAD and NDT for some time. No issues,
other than forgetting what I set the passwd to.

Need to deploy a perfSONAR system at the edge of campus and am having
some issues, so some questions.

1) is this the right forum for questions related to the
pS-Performance_Toolkit-LiveCD-3.2rc1.iso disc? If not, where is the
better list?

The Performance Node Users list (Subscribe here: https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/subscribe/performance-node-users) is CCed, and the best place to talk about pS Performance Toolkit specific issues.

2) If yes, then:

Has anyone had trouble with the CentOS-based disc? The Knoppix-based
disc (pS-Performance_Toolkit-3.1.3.iso) boots right up and lets me do
all the localizations. The CentOS-based disk doesn't seem to want to.

If I deploy 3.1.3 and later want to upgrade, is it as simple as swapping
discs and rebooting? Will all my customizations persist?

Note that the 3.2 release is still in candidate stage, and we are actively testing and fixing bugs before the final release. If you need something stable, I would recommend staying with the 3.1.x release branch for now. If you have some bugs to report from 3.2RC1, could you explain the exact problem? We would be interested to see which specific localization you are having a problem with.

To answer your last question: yes, 3.2 has an upgrade script to migrate from 3.1.x.

Thanks;

-jason