ndt-users - Re: Applet hangs receiving results

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Applet hangs receiving results

  • From: Jason Zurawski <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Applet hangs receiving results
  • Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 06:55:01 -0400

Hi Manu;

A user has contributed a patch that may fix this issue. We have not fully tested it yet, but it is available here if you would like to apply it, re-compile the code, and evaluate it to see if it fixes this problem:

http://ndt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/contrib/Tcpbw100-security-fix.patch

Thanks;

-jason

On 5/17/10 5:31 AM,

wrote:

Hi all,

I'm trying to get running a NDT server, when I start a test the applet always
hangs on receiving results. I tried with several client in different
machines, and also I tried two versions, 3.4.4a and 3.6.2b.

I can solve it changing policy.java at client machine but, it's not a
permanent solution because I cannot expect that every user of scientific ring
changes this file when he wants to run a test.

This is the error from Java console in my machine:

Exception in thread "Thread-37" java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.net.SocketPermission morto.usr.xc.cesca.cat resolve)
at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:323)
at
java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:546)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkConnect(SecurityManager.java:1031)
at
sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2SecurityManager.checkConnect(Applet2SecurityManager.java:500)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1145)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1083)
at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1019)
at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:969)
at Tcpbw100.middleboxResults(Tcpbw100.java:1928)
at Tcpbw100.dottcp(Tcpbw100.java:1292)
at Tcpbw100$TestWorker.run(Tcpbw100.java:375)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Manu