ndt-users - Re: ERROR Measuring slow links

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: ERROR Measuring slow links

  • From: Isaac González <>
  • To: Rich Carlson <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: ERROR Measuring slow links
  • Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 16:20:45 +0100

Please let me know if you need some debug info.

Thanks in advance.

Isaac González escribió:
Hi,

I've tried to upgrade to 3.6.1 version but I'm getting this error:

Protocol error! Expected start signal,got instead.

Thanks in advance.

Rich Carlson escribió:
Isaac;

Upgrade to v3.6.1 (just released). I'm the developer and I spent last weekend looking into these types of problems. The most likely problem is that the server is timing out incorrectly. This bug has been fixed in the 3.6.1 release.

Rich

On 3/2/2010 4:35 AM,

wrote:
Hi,

I've a setup with ndt 3.6.0 version , i've some problems measuring low speed links. For instance:

Measuring a SDSL 2MB (2MB Upload / 2MB Download) the java applet completes correctly and the results seems to be good enough.

Measuring a ADSL 128kbps Download / 32kbps Upload I'm not able to get correct results in upload speed. The java applet gives an error in S2C stage (Server Failed while receiving data.)
Is there some workaround to fix this? Anyone can help me? Do I need to setup some paremeters?

My tcp buffers are this one:

net.core.rmem_max = 33554432
net.core.wmem_max = 33554432
net.core.rmem_default = 131072
net.core.wmem_default = 131072
net.ipv4.tcp_rmem = 4096 131072 16777216
net.ipv4.tcp_wmem = 4096 131072 1677721