ndt-users - Re: S2C Protocol Error with 1GB Connections

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: S2C Protocol Error with 1GB Connections

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: S2C Protocol Error with 1GB Connections
  • Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:10:45 -0500

All;

As the developer of NDT I really appreciate your support and the feedback from users and deployers. For the past few months I have been working on ways to make the code operate in the multi-client mode and in doing so, I appear to have added some bugs into the v3.5.x release. I am working on this and hope to have a new version debugged by the end of next week.

Right now you should be able to use the 3.4.4a stable release. If you are running in single client mode then the v3.5.x releases will not give you any thing more than the v3.4.4a release.

I'll send a mail to this list when the new release is ready. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rich

On 2/4/2010 1:48 PM,

wrote:
I have more data for you. I had to run several bandwidth tests on the 1GB
machine to get a successful test.

I noticed when getting a successful run with the 1GB connection, the output
from the web100srv process still reports a Protocol Error.

Also, the data collected varies from the applet, depending on whether or not
the run is successful. If the run fails, no diagnostic data will be
collected by the applet. If it is successful, I will get diagnostic data.

Because I am already posting 400+ lines in these messages, I am not going to
provide the differences in the diagnostic output in the applet unless it's
requested of me. If it fails, it's simply not there, if its successful, I
get all of the data in the applet.

However...perhaps you can see a difference that I am not seeing between
successful/failed runs, so...

Here is the output from web100srv at debug level 6, when I have a successful
run:

[snip snip snip]