ndt-users - Re: 10 Gig interfaces

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: 10 Gig interfaces

  • From: Alan Whinery <>
  • To: Chris Florio <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: 10 Gig interfaces
  • Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 10:44:30 -1000

Chris Florio wrote:
> Is anyone running the perf-sonar or older Network Performance Toolkit
> or built a stand alone NDT box with a 10Gig interface Nic? If so,
> what did you use for hardware?
>
> Thanks!
http:://uhmanoa.measurement.uhnet.net/

Follow links to use NDT and NPAD.

PCI-Extended Ethernet controller: MYRICOM Inc. Myri-10G Dual-Protocol
NIC (10G-PCIE-8A)
1 GB RAM
Dual Core Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz Stepping 4 cache size
: 1024 KB (12,800 BogoMIPS)
MB is an Intel Chipset

I have seen it do 8 Gbps locally, 6 Gbps and change to the mainland.

Myri seems to be well received, it's the answer I got after asking
similar questions.

The box was laying around, I didn't spec and buy for this, but it does OK.

If you're not running GUIs and SQL servers on the box, the 1 GB RAM
doesn't seem to be restrictive .

-Alan

  • 10 Gig interfaces, Chris Florio, 06/01/2009
    • Re: 10 Gig interfaces, Alan Whinery, 06/01/2009