ndt-users - Re: Too many web100srv processes

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Too many web100srv processes

  • From: Mark Boolootian <>
  • To: Johan van Reijendam <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Too many web100srv processes
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:06:00 -0800

> I am running web100srv version 3.3.19 on a centos 2.6.18 system.
> For some reason the web100srv child processes are not terminating after
> completing their test cycle leading to multiple 1000 entries in the
> process
> table if left unattended.
> A 'netstat -an' shows roughly half that number of connections remaining in
> 'ESTABLISHED' mode.
>
> Does anyone have an idea why this is happening ?

I'm see the same thing here. I'm also running 3.3.19 on a very old
redhat system (2.4.26).

I think the newly found interest in our NDT servers is a result of this
Google Policy Blog entry by Vint Cerf:

http://googlepublicpolicy.blogspot.com/2009/01/introducing-measurement-lab.html

which will lead you to

http://www.measurementlab.net/measurement-lab-tools.html

This is providing motivation for (finally) upgrading the system.