ndt-users - Re: NDT server up on outside of firewall

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT server up on outside of firewall

  • From: Bill Abbott <>
  • To: Peter Laws <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: NDT server up on outside of firewall
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 17:57:35 -0400

As expected, the loss rate failed from Rutgers:

http://speed.nwc.ou.edu:8200/ServerData/pdb-a-linux-3.rutgers.edu:2008-03-11-20:55:58.html

but was pretty good from San Diego:

http://speed.nwc.ou.edu:8200/ServerData/pdb140.sdsc.edu:2008-03-11-21:27:25.html

Bill

Peter Laws wrote:
Bill Abbott wrote:
Jeremy,

Most tests passed, including the loss rate test. It gave an error that
the time was exceeded, but other than that (and the vague "network
buffer" test), looks good.

Exceeded running time limit
report url ServerData/pdb-a-linux-3.rutgers.edu:2008-03-12-00:48:30.html

Bill

Jeremy Schafer wrote:
Bill,

We now have an NDT server available for you outside of the University
firewall. It has both NDT and NPAD configured for you. The IP address of
the host is 198.151.130.212. Let me know if you have any questions.

Ours is up as well. speed.nwc.ou.edu, NDT and NPAD. Outside the firewall as well.

Runs off the Knoppix disc, but I'm not sure I'm likin' that.