ndt-users - middlebox error

Subject: ndt-users list created

middlebox error

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: middlebox error
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello All,

I was able to set up ndt server and client on 2 different linux boxes.
Server is having the Suse 10.2 linux OS and the client is on Fedora7 OS. When
I execute the client I see the following message

Testing network path for configuration and performance problems -- Using
IPv4 address
Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Protocol error!
Middlebox test FAILED!
checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Protocol error!
Simple firewall test FAILED!
Protocol error!
C2S throughput test FAILED!
Protocol error!
S2C throughput test FAILED!
Protocol error!

I could not figure out what these errors mean.
What is a middlebox? I could find any information regarding this on the ndt
webpage too.
Could this occur due to firewall restrictions ?

Kindly can you provide me with more information regarding this.

Thanks
Sumanth