ndt-users - Re: VMWare

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: VMWare

  • From: Clayton Keller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: VMWare
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:19:16 -0500

Jeremy Schafer wrote:
I have used the Knoppix ISO in VMware workstation (ver. 5) with no problems. The problem I had with the "protocol error" was when I used the knoppix image on an actual server.

If you are using a customized kernel, you should make sure you have the vmware specific drivers. If you are running into issues now, what errors are you seeing?

Here at RU, we are looking at buying a few servers and run VMware server on them. One VM would be for NDT. The rest of the box would be for random testing our group needs with the network (multicast, etc).

Hope that information helps.

Clayton Keller wrote:
Has anyone run into issues or caveats with running Web100/NDT in a VMWare environment with a custom-compiled kernel.

Clayton Keller

Jeremy,

Thanks for the info. I've been tasked with migrating our current solution over to a VMware solution, and was just throwing that out to see if there were any definite/obvious things to look out for.

If I do seem to run into an issue, my past experiences have been positive with the responses the list has provided, so there's no hesitation if I need to ask some questions.

Thanks Again.

Clay

  • VMWare, Clayton Keller, 08/17/2007
    • Re: VMWare, Jeremy Schafer, 08/17/2007
      • Re: VMWare, Clayton Keller, 08/17/2007