ndt-users - Re: web100srv "protocol error"

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: web100srv "protocol error"

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: ,
  • Subject: Re: web100srv "protocol error"
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 16:49:26 -0500

As was noted earlier, either the make / make install process failed or you didn't boot off the new kernel.

I will note that there are 2 steps to enabling the web100 process. You need to enable the web100 option " [*] IP: Web100 networking enhancements ---> ". You do this by pressing the space bar while on this line. Then you need to press the 'enter' key to get to the Web100 configuration sub-menu. Once there, enable everything. If you fail to go into the sub-menu, then you don't actually get any web100 stuff.

Rich

At 03:12 PM 12/14/2006,

wrote:
I rebuilt he kernel and installed the userland on my centos4.2 box and when I run the NDT I get this error in debug mode:

web100_attach: could not parse /proc/web100/header

I wen into proc and the web100 dir doesn't exist. Should I assume the patch didn't take? Everything compiled fine.

Richard A. Carlson e-mail:

Network Engineer phone: (734) 352-7043
Internet2 fax: (734) 913-4255
1000 Oakbrook Dr; Suite 300