ndt-users - Re: windows jvm incompatibility

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: windows jvm incompatibility

  • From: "Ken Bellars" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: windows jvm incompatibility
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 08:44:01 +0100

Mic,

This is really a very important issue.

I have the same problem too.

Will be glad if there could be a solution soon.

Regards,
Ken Bellars

On 11/27/06, <> wrote:
We've just installed ndt-3.3.19. It works as expected when the end-user's browser is using Sun's Java. However, it fails when Microsoft VM is running.

We know that one can alter the version being used via IE's tools/internet_options/advanced etc, but our problem is that we provide the network infrastructure, but all of our network users are in various communities with their own desktop support, some of which block installs of sun's java.

So, we'd really like for ndt to work without any intervention. In the past (ndt-3.1.4b), when we compiled ndt, we edited the "GCJ" variable to the following --

GCJ = javac -target 1.1 -source 1.3

This worked fine. We've even tried taking the class and jar files from that distro and using them, but no luck --- just the gray box.

Any ideas? Thanks. -- Mike