ndt-users - Re: Multiple Test Pages

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Multiple Test Pages

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Clayton Keller <>,
  • Subject: Re: Multiple Test Pages
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:05:26 -0400

Hi Clay;

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Are you trying to run multiple tests at the same time, or do you want different people to see a different main screen, or something completely different?

A couple of options are:

* You can configure the NDT server to handle multiple simultaneous test with the "-m" flag. Setting this flag causes the server to allocate 2 ephemeral ports for the test. Each client will use a different set of ports, so multiple tests can take place at once. Note: the PC's link is shared so this link could become the bottleneck.

* You can configure the NDT server to use different ports for the command channel (3001 by default) and for the test channels. This would allow you to start multiple copies of the web100srv process, each listening on a different port. The java applet would need to be modified to use this new port (this should probably be a run time option in the applet call).

Do either of these options answer your question?

Rich