ndt-users - Re: KNOPPIX NDT in Production

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: KNOPPIX NDT in Production

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Phil Reese <>,
  • Subject: Re: KNOPPIX NDT in Production
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 09:20:22 -0400

Hi Phil;

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that the basic KNOPPIX system is very easy to configure and use. I did hack the standard knoppix startup script to force the disk to scan for a knoppix.sh script during the boot process (myconfig=scan). I also included a knoppix.sh script in the /usr/local/etc directory. As you found, you can place this script on any mountable drive (local HD or removable drive) and the system will find it and execute the script.

I think the next step is for me to clean up a couple of the customization scripts I included on the CD and document the whole process.

2 additional comments.

You can use the "-A filename" option on the web100srv process to control the location of the admin.html page. Simply edit the /etc/init.d/ndt file and change the WEB100_OPTIONS line or create an /etc/ndt.conf file to set this parameter.

The "Protocol Error" message indicates the server failed to receive a message from the client. Most of the time this has been due to a bug in the web100 user library's IPv6 handling code. I patched that library and though it was fixed. Any debugging messages or instructions on how to duplicate this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards;
Rich