ndt-users - Re: NPToolkit update

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NPToolkit update

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Chris Welti <>,
  • Subject: Re: NPToolkit update
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:31:37 -0400

Hi Chris;

I think that the automount function still needs some work, but the autodetection function works properly. You should be able to plug in a USB drive and in a few seconds the /etc/fstab file will be re-written to know that that drive exists. You can then issue a mount command to make the drive accessible. The other thing you can try is to start the X-window system (startx) and then when you plug a drive in an icon will appear on the screen. When you click on that icon the drive will be mounted.

If the /etc/fstab file isn't rewritten, then I probably forgot to build the right driver for your USB device. Let me know what kind of drive you have and I'll look at the config to see what I need to do.

Rich