ndt-users - Re:

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re:

  • From: "Mike Diehl" <>
  • To: "Alan Whinery" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re:
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:36:09 -0600

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 12:13, Alan Whinery wrote:
> Mike Diehl wrote:
> > I'm more concerned about the asymetric throughput measurement as well as
> > the duplex mismatch alarm. I know that the connection is full duplex,
> > end-to-end.
>
> Can you say *why* you believe it to be full duplex, end-to-end?

The fiber connections to the switch are all configured to full duplex. This
doesn't say anything about the client node, but none of our ports are
taking errors. If there were a duplex mismatch, we'd see port errors. We've
also been carefull to configure the client to full duplex. There is a media
transceiver on the server; the client has a fiber NIC.

I THINK this is sufficient in order to be certain...?

--
Mike Diehl,
Network Management Tool Devl.

  • [no subject], Mike Diehl, 04/11/2006