ndt-users - Re: Java

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Java

  • From: Martyn <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Java
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:48:27 +0000
  • Disposition-notification-to: Martyn <>

Martyn wrote:

I have just about completed the install of the box (thanks to Jason Nash) and was wondering which version of Java would be best to install, I had j2sdk-1_4_2_09 before and it worked fine but I was just wondering if anybody had found a new version any better in anyway at all

Martyn

PS, still think that NDT needs a forum, then a list of FAQ's could be born out of the common questions

OK I did a bit of reading and installed the latest, but I have hit another problem which I can not remember how to resolve.
I screwed up with the export path line, I now have 3 lines in there but only one is correct and I can not remember how to clear out the two I do not want, as you can see below I only need the last one so how do I delete the other two entires

echo PATH=$PATH
/usr/local/j2sdk-1_4_2_11/bin:
/usr/local/j2sdk-1.4.2.11/bin:
/usr/local/j2sdk-1.4.2_11/bin