ndt-users - Re: 2.6 Kernel - Follow-up

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: 2.6 Kernel - Follow-up

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Clayton Keller <>,
  • Subject: Re: 2.6 Kernel - Follow-up
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 16:44:46 -0500

Hi Clay;

Nothing new to report. I spent most of November on travel and I'm trying to get back into this again. I'm not sure how much time I'll have between now and the end of the year.

What I can say is that part of the problem is that the NDT server is putting a lot of data in the output queue and this causes the connection to stay open longer than the client had anticipated. Making the buffer size smaller means that less data is stuck in the queue when the server stops sending data. What I need to do is find some way to limit the amount of data the server is generating without impacting the throughput test. I'll let everyone know when I have some solution.

Rich