ndt-users - NDT troubleshooting

Subject: ndt-users list created

NDT troubleshooting

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: NDT troubleshooting
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:44:41 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

I have been building an NDT server in my spare time here at work. I have been
following a document called "Network Diagnostic Tool (NDT): An Internet2
Cookbook" that I downloaded from your web site. In the section called
"Verifying the Operation", there are several basic checks that can be run to
verify everything is working, my server appears to be working for all 3 sets
of tests, so the NDT should be ready to operate.

My problem is, when I try to access the NDT server from another workstation
running Windows XP, I point my web browser(IE) to the url(http://ip_address),
I get the message "The page cannot be displayed, The page you are looking for
is currently unavailable, etc...".

Based on what I have read in the "cookbook", I don't need to install the
apache web server software because I chose the option to run the included web
server fakewww.

Am I missing some other web server type software package? or do I need to
copy the /usr/local/ndt/tcpbw100.html to a specific location? Are there any
other troubleshooting documents available for NDT?

Here are some details of what I have been testing with.

I am using the Novell Linux Desktop 9 support pack 2, Linux version
2.6.5-7.191-default gcc version 3.3.3 SuSE Linux. After installing the newly
built kernel, I get Linux version 2.6.12-web100 gcc version 3.3.3 SuSE Linux.

I followed the instructions in the Install.web100 file "Building a Web100
Kernel". I built the Web100 kernel using kernel version 2.6.12 from
kernel.org, applied the web100 patch, did the make menuconfig process, etc..,
compiled the web100 userland library, etc...

I downloaded version ndt-3.1.4a.tar.gz and followed those instructions also.
Thanks for any help you call can provide.