ndt-users - RE: FW: Missing Files

Subject: ndt-users list created

RE: FW: Missing Files

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Rick Tyrell <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: FW: Missing Files
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:21:40 -0500

Hi Rick;

At 11:14 AM 6/14/2005 -0500, Rick Tyrell wrote:
Thanks Richard, looks like I had my PATH statement wrong in my profile for
JAVA. I fixed that and the Applet files were created correctly after doing
a "make clean" etc.

OK, great.

I'm almost there, when I click on the Start button I always get the
following message "Server Busy: Please wait 60 seconds for previous test to
finish"

This sounds like a port permissions or firewall problem. The NDT system uses 2 server processes
fakewww (TCP 7123) This process handles the web services. You
can run a real web server or this simple server.
The default port is 7123, and you can change it
with the -p option

web100srv (TCP 3001, 3002, 3003)
This process handles the testing and analysis
functions. The applet connects back to the
server on port 3001. Once connected the applet
opens 2 more data connections, one for each
test. The server, and any firewall box in front of
it, must allow connections on these 3 ports.
I suspect that there is a firewall filter that is blocking ports 3001 - 3003. The message above indicated the connection on port 3001 failed. I need to improve the error reporting message.

When starting web100 with the debug option (ddd) I see the following
statement over and over again:

Signal 11 received from process 7286
Signal 11 received from process 7286
Signal 11 received from process 7286

Yes, this just says the web100srv process is running and a test request was received, but no test was performed.

Regards;
Rich

I'll keep troubshooting it, if you can help I'd appreciate it!

Thanks again.

-Rick