ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: NDT pull request - https://github.com/ndt-project/ndt/pull/202

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: NDT pull request - https://github.com/ndt-project/ndt/pull/202

  • From: Aaron Brown <>
  • To: Peter Boothe <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: NDT pull request - https://github.com/ndt-project/ndt/pull/202
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 19:52:15 -0500

Hey Peter,

I'm curious about this:

  * web100clt currently (as of 2015-12-21) requires that its output queue be
  * drained at the end of the c2s test and crashes if it is not. We don't want
  * to break it, but that extra second or so should not be part of our measured
  * transmitted data, because the spec says that it's a 10 second upload from
  * client to server, not a "10 seconds or a little bit more depending on when
  * the client starts counting" upload.  Therefore, here we read from the
  * sockets for just a little longer, but ignore the resulting data, so that old
  * clients don't crash, but newer clients are not penalized for quitting after
  * 10 seconds, just like the spec says they can.

Where was this crashing?

Cheers,
Aaron