ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g

  • From: Sebastian Malecki <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:50:02 +0000 (UTC)

Hello!

I've worked on investigation the possible use of TCP_INFO. For this purpose I
created new wiki page, which is available here:
https://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/TCP_INFOvsWeb100Web10g .

At first I wrote some information about TCP_INFO structure and try assign
definitions for all available variables. All steps are described.

In next step I try investigate all variables used from web100/10g and describe
where it's used. I aware that it is not all, but most and we could draw
conclusions.

Finally I try match TCP_INFO variables (using previous definitions) with
web100/10g variables using web100variables.html which includes Web100
variables descriptions. Unfortunately this step don't look good - I'm not sure
if available data so different or my inference is wrong. If it's true, use
TCP_INFO instead web100/10g is not good idea, but someone should take a look
for this again (especially last point).

Looking forward to your answers and I hope this help you decide about ndt in
future.

Regards,
Sebastian Malecki

  • [ndt-dev] Investigate the possible use of TCP_INFO instead of web100/web10g, Sebastian Malecki, 06/24/2014