ndt-dev - Re: [ndt-dev] Converting message's body to JSON format

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Re: [ndt-dev] Converting message's body to JSON format

  • From: Will Hawkins <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [ndt-dev] Converting message's body to JSON format
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 13:24:17 -0400

Sebastian,

This is really great work! I am so excited. :-)

Here at OTI/M-Lab, we've come up with a http-based download method for
the server-to-client test that we'd like to incorporate (which was why
we were so pleased to have the MSG_EXTENDED_LOGIN to tell the server
about the client). It is based on some changes to the server and the
client. We think that this is going to resolve some of the performance
issues that we've seen with reading from sockets in the Flash environment.

I am going to be working on this in Issue 144
(https://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=144).

This code has been relatively well-tested already, but we'd really like
to get this on M-Lab as quickly as possible so that we can have a) the
Flash client available so that it's easier for people to run tests and
b) those tests are accurate! I think it might make sense to push a
release when this follow-up to your work is complete?

Does all this seem reasonable?

Thanks again for all the awesome JSON work!

Will