ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Re: Issue 106 in ndt: embeded old strlcpy/strlcat definitions prevent build of web100clt on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Re: Issue 106 in ndt: embeded old strlcpy/strlcat definitions prevent build of web100clt on OSX 10.9 Mavericks

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Re: Issue 106 in ndt: embeded old strlcpy/strlcat definitions prevent build of web100clt on OSX 10.9 Mavericks
  • Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:23:32 +0000

Updates:
Owner:

Comment #3 on issue 106 by : embeded old strlcpy/strlcat definitions prevent build of web100clt on OSX 10.9 Mavericks
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=106

Thanks for bug report,

The issue with simply removing strlutils.* as suggested is that GNU Linux(glibc) doesn't include strlcpy or strlcat and in this case we still need to define these.
This problem is summed up well here http://stackoverflow.com/a/4570369

I've attached a patch that will add a test for strlcpy to the Autotools process to hopefully fix this.

I've tested this against Debian, which is missing strlcpy/cat.
Could I get you to test this against OSX 10.9 and confirm this fix works.
If anyone else wants to test against their configuration that would be great too, you just need to verify ndt still builds successfully.

You will need run the following commands in the ndt directory:
patch -p0 < autotools_strlcpy.diff
./bootstrap
./configure
make

The patch is against the svn trunk but will also apply correctly to 3.6.5.2, but you will be missing bootstrap.
You can get it like this:
wget http://ndt.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/bootstrap
chmod u+x ./bootstrap

Thanks,