ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Handling exceptions in Java Applet

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Handling exceptions in Java Applet

  • From: Łukasz Lewczyński <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Handling exceptions in Java Applet
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 13:53:35 +0200

Hi,

I was working on fixing the problem from issue 88 (https://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=88). I checked and this was an issue on the server side, not the client side. It was present in 3.6.5.1, but it seems the problem was fixed in the current version (3.6.5.2).

In this case the problem was that the applet did not receive any information from the server so when it tried to parse message body (an array of zeros) to an integer then NumberFormatException was thrown. I noticed that the applet has no methods to handle this exception.

I created a ticket for improving the exception handling in the applet:
https://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=90

Regards,
Lukasz