ndt-dev - [ndt-dev] Issue 88 in ndt: Applet crashes while running against server at localhost

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

[ndt-dev] Issue 88 in ndt: Applet crashes while running against server at localhost

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: [ndt-dev] Issue 88 in ndt: Applet crashes while running against server at localhost
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 15:46:59 +0000

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Severity-Medium

New issue 88 by : Applet crashes while running against server at localhost
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=88

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Install and web100srv v3.6.5.1
2. Run the applet by passing localhost (i.e. "java -jar Tcpbw100.jar 127.0.0.1")
3. Click the start button

All tests should complete successfully. However the applet hangs and never completes all the tests.

NDT version 3.6.5.1 obtained from the Downloads section on Ubuntu linux running kernel 2.6.35 from kernel.org patched with the web100 patch.

The applet completes all the tests successfully if I pass the LAN IP address of my system (192.168.x.x). If I pass 127.0.0.1, at one stage of the client-to-server throughput test, a wrong message is received (line 1706 of Tcpbw100.java) and while parsing this message to Integer to log an error, the Applet crashes.