Subject: NDT-DEV email list created
[ndt-dev] [ndt] r565 committed - Prepared the list of available detection algorithms.
- Subject: [ndt-dev] [ndt] r565 committed - Prepared the list of available detection algorithms.
- Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:09:29 +0000
Date: Wed Aug 31 05:08:40 2011
Log: Prepared the list of available detection algorithms.
--- /wiki/NDTTestMethodology.wiki Tue Aug 30 07:06:49 2011
+++ /wiki/NDTTestMethodology.wiki Wed Aug 31 05:08:40 2011
@@ -122,13 +122,34 @@
== Specific detection algorithms ==
+=== Bottleneck Link Detection ===
+=== Duplex Mismatch Detection ===
+=== Link Type Detection Heuristics ===
+==== IEEE 802.11 (WiFi) ====
+==== Ethernet link (Fast Ethernet) ====
+==== DSL/Cable modem ====
+=== Faulty Hardware Link Detection ===
+=== Full/Half Link Duplex Setting ===
+=== Normal Congestion Detection ===
+=== Firewall Detection ===
+=== NAT Detection ===
+=== Abnormal Conditions Detection ===
+ * high packet loss
+ * packets arriving out of order
=== Latency/Jitter ===
* Multiple measurements of the round trip delay and per-packet transmission/arrival times are collected.
* The delay for each measurement is summed and divided by the total number of measurements to generate the average round trip delay.
-=== Advanced diagnostics ===
- * The server determines what, if anything, is limiting the maximum download speed
- - Possible limits might be the clients/servers configuration, the clients/servers CPU utilization, or the network infrastructure
- * The server reports if a firewall is blocking connections in one or both directions
- * The client determines if a NAT box is being used
- * The server reports abnormal conditions such as high packet loss or packets arriving out of order
- [ndt-dev] [ndt] r565 committed - Prepared the list of available detection algorithms., ndt, 08/31/2011
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.