ndt-dev - Issue 37 in ndt: NDT Applet Translation

Subject: NDT-DEV email list created

Issue 37 in ndt: NDT Applet Translation

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: Issue 37 in ndt: NDT Applet Translation
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 13:23:09 +0000

Owner: ----
CC: jwzurawski, rcarlson501
Labels: Type-Enhancement Severity-Medium

New issue 37 by jwzurawski: NDT Applet Translation
http://code.google.com/p/ndt/issues/detail?id=37

For UNINETT's deployment of NDT, we've translated the applet into Norwegian. We've finally
gotten around to separating the texts out into a Java resource files. Patch based on ndt-3.5.6 is
attached. The resource files are included in the jar archive, so deployment is easy.

The default is English. If you want to display a different language, add this to the
applet tag:

<PARAM NAME="language" VALUE="nb">
<PARAM NAME="country" VALUE="NO">

If you want to translate to, e.g. French in France, make a file

Tcpbw100_msgs_fr_FR.properties, and go ahead with translation. In this case, the tag would be:

<PARAM NAME="language" VALUE="fr">
<PARAM NAME="country" VALUE="FR">

Accented characters must be entered as unicode literals.

Attachments:
ndt_applet_translate 110 KB