ndt-announce - NDT v3.6.5 now available

Subject: NDT-Announce list created

NDT v3.6.5 now available

  • From: Kavitha Kumar <>
  • To: , ,
  • Subject: NDT v3.6.5 now available
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 16:18:05 -0400 (EDT)

All,

We would like to announce the availability of NDT version 3.6.5.

A source tarball is available at
http://software.internet2.edu/sources/ndt/ndt-3.6.5.tar.gz.

You can find RPMs at the Internet2 RPM repository:
http://software.internet2.edu/.

The server and applet codebase have been cleaned up, documented and made more
modular. Additionally, we fixed a number of minor bugs while cleaning up the
codebase.

We have also added a protocol logging feature that can be used to log the
messages exchanged between the client and server. You can use the
'--enableprotolog' and '--protolog_dir' options on either web100clt or
web100srv to enable the feature. Further documentation on the use can be
found at http://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/ProtocolLoggingFeature.

We have worked on documenting NDT's protocol, software architecture, test
methodology and the data files collected by NDT. This documentation is
available on the NDT wiki:

  * http://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/NDTArchitecture
  * http://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/NDTProtocol
  * http://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/NDTTestMethodology
  * http://code.google.com/p/ndt/wiki/NDTDataFormat

We believe the changes will help the community to more easily contribute to
the NDT project. We also thank everyone who contributed to this release in
the form of documentation, coding, testing and/or reviews.

Interested parties are encouraged to join the announcement mailing list for
information regarding future releases.
https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/info/ndt-announce

You are also invited to join the users discussion mailing list where you can
ask questions regarding the installation, configuration and use of NDT.
https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/info/ndt-users

If you're interested in helping develop NDT, you can join the NDT Developers
list.
https://lists.internet2.edu/sympa/info/ndt-dev

Thanks,
Kavitha

  • NDT v3.6.5 now available, Kavitha Kumar, 08/02/2012