ndt-announce - New NDT release, limits number of queued users

Subject: NDT-Announce list created

New NDT release, limits number of queued users

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: New NDT release, limits number of queued users
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:38:05 -0600

All;

First off, let me apologize for any inconvenience the recent slashdot M-Lab notice caused you and your site's NDT server. I certainly wasn't expecting the thousands of users who responded to that notice and hit all the public NDT servers we list.

I am releasing an interim version of NDT that limits the number of clients that can sit in the queue. By default, this release will allow 50 clients into the queue and others will be told that the server is busy, try again later. The --max_clients option can be used to change this value.

Pull the ndt-3.5.0.tar.gz file down for the download page to update your server.

I will be releasing another version out in the next week or so. That future version will remove zombie clents from the queue to improve the response for clients who do decide to wait.

Regards;
Rich

Richard Carlson

1000 Oakbrook Dr
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

P: 734-352-7043
C: 630-251-4572

  • New NDT release, limits number of queued users, Richard Carlson, 02/04/2009