mw-announce - [mw-announce] 2014 Internet2 Global Summit: Call for Participation

Subject: Middleware Announcements

[mw-announce] 2014 Internet2 Global Summit: Call for Participation

  • From: Emily Eisbruch <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [mw-announce] 2014 Internet2 Global Summit: Call for Participation
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2013 14:29:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

The Call for Participation for the 2014 Internet2 Global Summit is now open!

This includes calls for Proposals and Working Meetings.

In 2013, Internet2 made a change from a twice yearly Member Meeting to an Annual Meeting. Building on the success of this event, we are pleased to announce the 2014 Internet2 Global Summit. We believe Global Summit most accurately reflects the international nature of our community's work, and the character of the challenges we are rising to meet, together.

The theme for the 2014 Internet2 Global Summit is "Welcome to the New Era!" We are entering a new era of innovation, community and transformation by the research and education (R&E) community. Together, we are building a new unified, global platform of advanced network, cloud, and trust solutions to transform university operations and harness big data, catalyze team science, and propel a new era of R&E–driven invention and innovation around the globe. Internet2's Global Summit in 2014 will feature keynotes from top R&E leaders, presentations from noted experts, and sessions focused on partnerships and advanced technologies, all designed to unleash new waves of potential.

Full explanations and examples of related topic areas, as well as the submission form, are provided in the Call for Participation web page. The submission deadline is Monday November 18, 2013.

We are also accepting requests for Working Meetings and Meeting Sponsors. Please refer to the website for full details.

Meeting registration will open in January! Register early to get the best rates and start making your travel plans now.

Emily Eisbruch, Technology Transfer Analyst
Internet2
office: +1-734-352-4996 | mobile +1-734-730-5749

Visit our website: www.internet2.edu
Follow us on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/internet2
Become a Fan on Facebook:
www.internet2.edu/facebook

  • [mw-announce] 2014 Internet2 Global Summit: Call for Participation, Emily Eisbruch, 10/02/2013