mw-announce - [mw-announce] Deadline Extended - Call for Participation: The Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Cohortium

Subject: Middleware Announcements

[mw-announce] Deadline Extended - Call for Participation: The Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Cohortium

  • From: Steve Olshansky <>
  • To: "<>" <>
  • Subject: [mw-announce] Deadline Extended - Call for Participation: The Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Cohortium
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 17:21:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

All-
The deadline for applications to participate in the Multi-Factor
Authentication Cohortium has been moved to April 26, 2013. Whether you have a
current deployment of multi-factor authentication, or you think you may be
deploying some time in the next few years, the Cohortium will be a great
place to learn from others and share your experiences.

See below for further details.
Steve

--
Steve Olshansky
Director, Federated Technologies

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Steve Olshansky
> <>
> Subject: Call for Participation: The Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
> Cohortium
> Date: March 12, 2013 5:07:23 PM MDT
> To:
> <>
>
> <>
>
> The Internet2 Scalable Privacy Project (ScalePriv), funded with the recent
> NSTIC grant
> to Internet2, is seeking campuses to participate in the Multi-factor
> Authentication (MFA)
> Cohortium" (see definition below). Applications are open until April 12,
> 2013.
>
> The MFA Cohortium is a ScalePriv-supported group of institutions sharing
> their
> explorations, experiences, expertise, artifacts, and overall "journey" in
> learning about,
> planning for, and deploying multi-factor authentication for a variety of
> key use cases
> within each institution, as well as federated access to services. It will
> be a facilitated
> and focused 15-month effort to help you (as a participating institution)
> make real
> progress towards MFA deployments. It will enable your institution, and
> higher education
> more broadly, to answer the questions "where do we need MFA?," "how do we
> deploy it?," and
> "what will it cost and what is our ROI?." And it will be focused on the
> research and
> education (R&E) community, dealing with issues and use cases of particular
> concern within
> R&E such as integrating MFA into WebSSO, sensitive data, cloud services,
> distance
> learners, bring-your-own-device, and the return on investment (ROI) within
> the R&E
> environment.
>
> Important highlights:
> * Will provide your institution broader access to expertise, resources, and
> collaborators
> to help you accomplish your MFA goals.
> *Enable a significant advancement in the deployment of Multi-factor
> Authentication across
> Higher Education.
> * Combining MFA with federation can multiply the impact and reach of MFA to
> inter-
> institutional, shared resource, and cloud service environments.
> * A key effort within the Internet2 Scalable Privacy Project.
> * 15-month facilitated collaborative effort beginning in April 2013 and
> ending in June
> 2014.
> * Number of institutions accepted for participation in the Cohortium may
> need to be
> restricted, depending on response, to ensure value and effective
> collaboration for the
> member institutions.

> [...]

  • [mw-announce] Deadline Extended - Call for Participation: The Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) Cohortium, Steve Olshansky, 04/08/2013