mw-announce - JA-SIG Conference Call for Proposals now open

Subject: Middleware Announcements

JA-SIG Conference Call for Proposals now open

  • From: Renee Frost <>
  • To:
  • Subject: JA-SIG Conference Call for Proposals now open
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:56:15 -0500

All,
Apologies in advance for the cross posts.

I'd like to encourage you to submit IdM-related proposals to this
important open-source conference. This meeting will draw a diverse
developer and campus audience, and it would be great to include some
campus integration stories on the program.

Tom Barton
University of Chicago
JA-SIG Program Committee

*"Higher Education Open Source Communities - Working Together*"
March 1-4, 2009
Dallas, Texas, USA

*Call for Proposals now open*
Deadline for submission of proposals for half or full day seminars:
November 5, 2008
Deadline for submission of proposals for regular one hour sessions:
December 1, 2008

Conference site: http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/09spring/index.html

Dear Colleague:

The JA-SIG Conference Planning Committee is pleased to announce the
Spring 2009 Conference to be held March 1-4 in Dallas, Texas.

Following the great success of last year's conference, we are partnering
with our open source community colleagues to create a forum for
collaboration and learning.  Join your colleagues from Bedework, CAS,
DSpace, Fedora, Fluid, Internet2, Kuali, Sakai, uPortal and other open
source projects, and submit proposals for a pre-conference seminar,
presentation, kiosk, BOF or poster session!

We welcome your contributions in the following areas:

   * *Community Source Management/Governance*
     What are best practices for managing community source projects or
     their deployments on campus? For encouraging adoption? For gaining
     acceptance and campus buy-in? For engaging your community in the
     processes? Presentations for managers, team leaders, executives,
     planners and strategists.
   * *Design and Development*
     For developers, architects, UX designers, testers. Presentations
     for people who build community source products, use them as a
     development framework or want to learn more about doing so. These
     are technical topics, tips and techniques, how-to's.
   * *Deployment and Integration*
     Presentations for people who need to make applications work on
     campus: developers, content providers, team leaders, evangelists.
     In particular, we would like to highlight work that integrates
     community source projects within the enterprise infrastructure and
     with each other.
   * *Multiple Audiences*
     Presentations that span multiple projects or audience types.
     Community source project introductions and overviews.

Half-day Supplementary Seminars will be held in the morning and
afternoon on Sunday, March 1st as well as on Wednesday (March 4th)
afternoon.

Proposals may be entered on the JA-SIG Conference Website. Proposals
require a Title, an Abstract (under 500 words), a Presenter Profile, and
some basic affiliation information.  This year we are also asking
proposal submitters to select tags that best describe their proposals
from a list of recommended tags <http://www.ja-sig.org/wiki/x/CAAnAQ>.

Submit your proposal directly at
http://www.ja-sig.org/jasigconf/call-form.jsp?conf_id=jasig15 or from
the conference home page, where you can find all the details:
http://www.ja-sig.org/conferences/09spring/index.html  (Click the "Call
for Proposals" link on the left).

We look forward to seeing you at "Higher Education Open Source
Communities - Working Together"!

  • JA-SIG Conference Call for Proposals now open, Renee Frost, 11/05/2008