mw-announce - Fwd: Call for Side Meetings--Spring 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Fwd: Call for Side Meetings--Spring 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting

  • From: Kelly Faro <>
  • To: , , , , , , , ,
  • Subject: Fwd: Call for Side Meetings--Spring 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:06:03 -0500

Just a reminder that the deadline is this Friday!

Kelly
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 11:16:09 -0500
To: , , , , , , , ,
From: Kelly Faro <>

Dear Colleagues,

One of the many benefits of member meetings is the opportunity to hold small group meetings, BOFs, SIGs etc. In anticipation of these requests, we reserve hotel space at times in addition to the main meeting events for just this purpose. To aid us in handling and filling your requests for these additional meetings, we are issuing a Call for Side Meetings with a deadline of March 4th.

Please see the request for information below. Though we have limited space availability again this spring, we will attempt to accommodate all requests made up until the deadline on a first come, first serve basis. Your flexibility with day/time and meeting length requests will assist us in accommodating your side meeting needs.

Additional hotel space is available from Sunday May 1, 2005 through Thursday May 5, 2005. The first general session will take place at 10:30am Tuesday May 3, 2005. Track sessions will begin starting at 1:15 on Tuesday, May 3rd and run until 3:45pm on Wednesday May 4, 2005.

The following times are available for side meetings. If you choose to hold your meeting during any of the conference meal times listed below, you may choose to have the conference meal served in your side meeting room at no cost. If your proposed meeting time does not align with the conference meal time or if you want an entirely different meal, your group would be responsible for the meal costs. Likewise if you choose to hold your meeting outside of a conference mealtime the costs for any food and beverage will be billed to your group.

Please contact me if you have any questions regarding general cost for food & beverage.

Sunday May 1, afternoon and evening, for CLOSED (invitation-only) side meetings only

Monday May 2, 2005, morning (breakfast 7:30am-8:45am)
Monday May 2, 2005, afternoon (lunch 11:45am-1:15pm)
Monday May 2, 2005, evening

Tuesday May 3, 2005, morning (Breakfast 7:30am-8:45am)
Tuesday May 3, 2005, lunch (11:45am-1:15pm)
Tuesday May 3, 2005, evening

Wednesday May 4, 2005, morning (Breakfast 7:30am-8:45am)
Wednesday May 4, 2005, lunch (11:45am-1:15pm)
Wednesday May 4, 2005, evening

Thursday May 5, 2005, morning
Thursday May 5, 2005, afternoon

Please note:
·The Welcome Reception is Monday May 2, 2005 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
·Please refer to this page to see a tentative schedule of that week's events:
http://events.internet2.edu/2005/spring-mm/gensched.html
As side meetings are confirmed, they will be posted here.

If you'd like to request a side meeting, please submit ALL required information requested below by the deadline on March 4th. Your request cannot be processed without all requested information.

**Name of Submitter
**Submitter Phone
**Submitter Email

**Meeting Name
**Meeting Contact (will be logistical contact for all arrangements)
**Contact Phone
**Contact Email
**Meeting Type (please specify one)
·BoF---Open meeting where people with similar interests gather to have an open moderated discussion on a specified topic.
·Closed Internet2 Meeting--Invitation only meeting of an Internet2-sponsored group. Examples include Internet2 project design teams, task forces, etc.
·Closed non-Internet2 Meeting--Invitation only meeting of a group associated with but not sponsored by Internet2. Examples include meetings of regional networking organizations, individual member-hosted discussions, etc. Any food & beverage and audio/visual requests will be billed to the sponsoring organization.
·Other--Does not fit into one of the above categories

**Anticipated Number of Attendees

**Preferred Seating Arrangement (please specify one, we will do our best to accommodate your first choice)
·Round tables (banquet-type seating)
·Hollow Square (tables pulled together to create four sides with a hollow center)
·U-shape (similar to a hollow square, but with one side open)
·Conference (table(s) in the center of the room with chairs going all the way around)
·Theater (chairs in rows facing the front of the room)
·Classroom (chairs and tables in rows facing the front of the room)

**Top three day/time choices from the list above. Please specify your PREFERRED start times and duration. This is very important in determining if we can accommodate your group.

Please submit this information to Kelly Faro at by 5:00pm on March 4, 2005.

Thank you and we look forward to a great meeting in Arlington in the spring!

Regards,
Kelly

Kelly Faro
Meeting Services Coordinator
Internet2
1000 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: 734-913-4250
Fax: 734-913-4255
email:
www.internet2.edu

Kelly Faro
Meeting Services Coordinator
Internet2
1000 Oakbrook Drive, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: 734-352-4980
Fax: 734-913-4255
email:
www.internet2.edu

  • Fwd: Call for Side Meetings--Spring 2005 Internet2 Member Meeting, Kelly Faro, 02/28/2005