mw-announce - Internet2 Board of Trustees and Advisory Council Nominations open

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Internet2 Board of Trustees and Advisory Council Nominations open

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To: , , , , , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Internet2 Board of Trustees and Advisory Council Nominations open
  • Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:13:00 -0500

Dear Colleagues:

The annual process for nominating new members of the UCAID Advisory Councils and Board of Trustees is underway. I would like to encourage each of you to consider submitting nominations of qualified individuals for the Councils and the Board. The active participation of our membership is essential to the governance of our organization and ensures that we can continue to deliver the high quality initiatives and services that our membership deserves. Internet2's success is a direct result of the dedication of individuals who have contributed their time and talent to our board, councils, working groups, and initiatives.

Council and Board nominations are accepted from the membership at large. You can suggest someone that you feel is qualified to be a member of the councils or nominate yourself.  Nominations for the Board of Trustees should be a president or chancellor of any of our Regular University members.

All nominations are due by Monday, February 23, 2004.  Full details on the nominations process are at
http://www.internet2.edu/about/nominationinfo.html

This year, the Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for the following openings:

For the Councils:
Applications Strategy Council (ASC): four openings
Industry Strategy Council (ISC): three openings
Network Planning and Policy Council (NPPAC): four openings

For the Board of Trustees:  three openings

Openings for the Network Research Liaison Council (NRLC) are still being determined.

By February 23, please send your nominations, including name, email address, and background information to <>, or submit them online via the web at
http://www.internet2.edu/about/nominationform.html

You may also fax your nominations to 734-913-4255. To obtain a nominations form, email Sue Boff at <>.

The Nominating Committee will review the nominations it receives for the Advisory Councils and recommend a slate for approval by the Board of Trustees at its Spring meeting on March 30, 2004.  Election results will be announced at the Business Meeting held during the Spring Member Meeting, April 19 -21.  The Board slate will also be confirmed at the March Board meeting, and then forwarded to the Presidents or Chancellors of our University membership for approval.  Those results will be announced in May.