mw-announce - Update on plans for Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Update on plans for Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To: , , , , , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Update on plans for Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:15:01 -0500

Dear Colleagues:

As the Spring 2003 Internet2 Member Meeting draws near during this time of military action, I want to assure you that preparations for the meeting are proceeding as planned. I look forward to gathering with many of you in Arlington, Virginia, on April 9-11.

This spring's meeting attendees will be treated to presentations by Peter A. Freeman, assistant director of the National Science Foundation for Computer & Information Science & Engineering (CISE) at the National Science Foundation and by David B. Nelson, director of the National Coordination Office (NCO) for Information Technology (IT) Research and Development (R&D). Thanks to a record number of submissions by members of the Internet2 community and excellent work by the Program Committee, there will also be many outstanding track sessions on the latest developments in optical networks, emerging middleware technologies, security on high-performance networks, and the many collaboration capabilities enabled by advanced networking.

For those of you who have not yet registered, there is still time to join us for what promises to be an extremely stimulating and informative meeting. To register online, visit:
https://services.internet2.edu/spring03mm/home.jsp

I encourage all of you to visit the meeting's Web pages to preview the entire program at:
http://events.internet2.edu/2003/spring-mm/

As we make final preparations for Arlington, we are continually monitoring the military situation. If there is a clear indication that holding the meeting as currently planned would be impossible, either because of logistical issues in the Washington, D.C. area, or because of restrictions or concerns about travel, we will be prepared to announce alternate plans for the meeting. I will be back in touch no later than March 31 to confirm the final details for the Spring Meeting.

As always, let me know if you have questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office: (734) 913-4251