mw-announce - Fall 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting Preliminary Program is up

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Fall 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting Preliminary Program is up

  • From: Laurie Burns <>
  • To: , , , , ,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Fall 2002 Internet2 Member Meeting Preliminary Program is up
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:41:30 -0400

Dear Colleagues:

I am pleased to announce that the Preliminary Program for the Fall 2002 Member Meeting is now available at

http://www.internet2.edu/activities/php/agenda.php?session_event_id=122

The program includes over 40 track sessions, 18 applications demos (showcased on the USC campus), 40 tutorials, BoFs, and open working group meetings, and about 20 private meetings of various working groups, task forces, and constituencies within the Internet2 membership. This is testimony to the exciting work being accomplished in our community!

Here are some other highlights of the Fall 2002 Member Meeting:

- Advanced applications demos at the Davidson Executive Conference Center on the USC campus, Tuesday afternoon, October 29;
- Demos at the Robert Zemeckis Center for Digital Arts and the Integrated Media Systems Center, also on Tuesday afternoon;
- An exciting music and dance Performance Event on Tuesday evening, "Cultivating Communities: Dance in the Digital Age," highlighting the capabilities of Internet2-enabled collaborations and the talents of performers from member institution campuses;
- A distributed digital film festival featuring the work of students at member universities;
- Presentations on current activities of Internet2 International MOU partners;
- Poster sessions featuring current work under way in the community;
- Several informative tutorials starting on Sunday, October 27 and running through Monday morning, October 28;
- A Welcome Reception on Monday, October 28 at 6:30pm at the Wilshire Grand where attendees can network and re-connect with colleagues

Regarding travel arrangements:
Open working group meetings start on Sunday morning, October 27 so please plan accordingly. As we receive details for the meeting sessions and confirmations, we will be updating the online program. The online program will be largely final by the end of the month, although we'll continue to add information as necessary into October.

If you have not already registered, please do so as early registration cutoff is Thursday, October 3. Remember, those registering by the 3rd will be including in a drawing for an early registration prize of a GPS watch! Online registration ends on Monday, October 21.

I look forward to seeing you in Los Angeles for what is sure to be an outstanding meeting!

Best regards,

Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office: (734) 913-4251