mw-announce - Information on middleware "camp"

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Information on middleware "camp"

  • From: Ken Klingenstein <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Information on middleware "camp"
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 11:24:24 -0700

This is an invitation for university IT architects to attend a “camp” (Campus
Architects for Middleware Planning) to share information about emerging areas
in higher education middleware. This multi-day meeting, facilitated by
Internet2, is intended to exchange news and views on directories, security,
privacy, distributed computing systems, etc. Discussions will target on many
of the major middleware activities within our community, including the NSF
initiative, new PKI efforts, video middleware, Shibboleth, Grids, etc. Birds
of a Feather at night will allow us to explore some of the territory that
lies ahead.

CAMP will be held in Tempe, Arizona, beginning mid-afternoon on Friday
February 1, 2002 and running fairly intensively through noon Sunday February
3, 2002. A following session Sunday afternoon will focus on Grid computing
and how to integrate it into enterprise and desktop environments. Due to
hotel limitations and our desire to foster effective exchanges, the number of
participants is being limited to one per campus with a cap of 140.
Institutions that wish to send additional participants should send a note to
Renee Frost
();
if there are spaces available when registration closes on January 10, 2002,
we will contact people on the waiting list immediately to let them know if
they can be accommodated. A registration fee of $150 is being used to
partially defray the costs of the meeting.

More information on the middleware camp can be found at
http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/camp-02.html. A draft agenda,
registration form and lodging information are at that site.

We hope that many of you will join us in Tempe for what should be an
interesting and informative series of discussions.
Ken