mw-announce - Internet2 Virtual Briefing on Authorization - Wednesday, December 12

Subject: Middleware Announcements

Internet2 Virtual Briefing on Authorization - Wednesday, December 12

  • From: Renee Frost <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Internet2 Virtual Briefing on Authorization - Wednesday, December 12
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:36:23 -0500

Dear Colleagues:

As previously announced, the first in a series of Internet2 Virtual Briefings will take place this Wednesday, December 12. "Authorization: Pioneering Efforts" will run from 11:00am until 12:30pm EST (-4 UTC). This message includes connection and testing information for remote viewing sites, plus a few other details for the session.

- Connection information is now up on the Authorization session page at http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/20011212-middleware.html We have established a test connection window beginning at 4:00pm EST (-4 UTC) on Tuesday, December 11. The MCU will be up continuously from that time until the session ends on Wednesday.

- The session will be available via H.323, Real, and IPTV. Documentation for these streams will be available from the Briefings website at http://www.internet2.edu/activities/html/briefings.html . We do not plan to have an audio-only bridge for this session in part due to the graphical nature of the presentations.

- All viewers will be asked to register before joining the session, and the registration link will be available on the Authorization session page. We will also have a link to videoconferencing etiquette, which we strongly encourage especially first-time participants to review before joining the session. You will also see a link to a session feedback form, and we also encourage everyone to take a few minutes to complete it at the end of the session.

- Following the end of the speakers' presentations, there will be 10-15 minutes of Q&A. Those coming from H.323 sites will be able to ask questions live, and Keith Hazelton will moderate these. Questions can also be emailed to . Ken Klingenstein will be receiving these and relaying them to the speakers during the Q&A period.

I hope you can join us for this inaugural briefing. It promises to be both lively and informative on the current state of authorization work within the Internet2 membership.
Best,
Laurie

Laurie Burns, Director of Member Activities
Internet2
3025 Boardwalk, Suite 100
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Office: (734) 913-4251