mscc-hackathon23 - [mscc-hackathon23] See you in Atlanta next week!

Subject: MS-CC Student Hackathon, May 9 and 10 2023

[mscc-hackathon23] See you in Atlanta next week!

  • From: Teniola Agbesanwa <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [mscc-hackathon23] See you in Atlanta next week!
  • Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 18:11:13 +0000
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=internet2.edu; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=internet2.edu; dkim=pass header.d=internet2.edu; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=NPGb1VbUP300mtkFthYMX99tt/5h6cMyP7m0qcCsjA0=; b=dTWCSLaBMJe3ZFkXf0xPIJAj4Q34tD0+1SXSLOp1dr/Hd6v0HHL1Q8Nh9WdNWOB+HTtVy5cnMpiOfCSIV5wMnIERrlQbESorkSeim31zUkIRoIob78hnwzTRUZIzb5RPfcdEewHR3Jm47+OfJIh9fz0xiS1gCk3UpUy0FRR0Wfz5DWyHoX2F0y0mbW55ZN7EDRGgW3P3A9bDHCBmxvPk+jDIMeaYzyH4j+Q0nEmlX4/L5KCREnbRgCqeDqdPXRYyZmoyXGXTQtwWs61LZPXtPnOxDdzDrCuVNxTGqyXfDrSWQaMPlyL7DLFiIyja8cUNQLpEDGicAVk8XFSemJHRKQ==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=T2duyqA7rU7yvP2m8lI8JysOfpochNu0e77OeQYmzXby6/dofiwlDleAe8OlHLDsKSWe1g5uB48KmoEYTXAxuNse2KQcNgqGO1L7wz/BUtsyH2CKrnnyF4Qx2EQA02x/0DrKk8C/GuDhj/4r7bT797KGJDiu+IrqI0LYffeIYCOg+tvn1dNuF/sSSjyt/rAlj3BsQRVPh3AP7B90RtRMDguGqJSCQ7Bx2IBrHYDccTePVCcjhPpTt0Nv5jOoytk+Ht3AHJpiumnuPbrWwEFUp2W1bOzoPWD66jeLUt9YApVOkykw6LWghmIMXR8cUokKUcriqwvo/6qCXsaFvPk3XQ==
  • Msip_labels:

Greetings!

This is Teni Agbesanwa with the MS-CC. We are looking forward to seeing you in Atlanta next week for the MS-CC Student Hackathon and Annual Meeting!

As you are getting prepared to join us at the Westin Peachtree Plaza, located at 210 Peachtree St NW, Atlanta, GA 30303, here are a few reminders.

MS-CC Student Hackathon and Reception, May 9-10

The MS-CC Hackathon will take place May 9-10 in the Chastain F room located on the 6th floor of the hotel. Please remember to bring your laptop, and don’t forget your charging cords!

Tuesday, May 9:

We will begin check-in at 11:45 a.m. outside of the Chastain F room, where you can pick up your name badge. A working lunch will kick off the Hackathon at 12 p.m. to introduce you to peers and instructors you will be working with, and we’ll spend time on team building and coding training before we end the day at 4 p.m. You are responsible for your own dinner on Tuesday and as part of your travel support you will receive $34 to offset the cost of this meal upon your submission of the Expense Form that will be provided by Lanika Starks. If you need assistance with your Tuesday dinner plans, please email Lanika Starks at .

Wednesday, May 10: we will begin our day with breakfast at 10 a.m. followed by an introduction to machine learning before we start work on the hackathon. We will have a working lunch mid-day, and wrap up with team presentations. Day two will end at 3:30 p.m., and we will then walk over to the MS-CC reception that starts at 4 p.m. Beverages and hors d’oeuvres will be served. We appreciate Cirrus Identity for supporting this reception.

For a more detailed schedule and information about the MS-CC Student Hackathon, please visit our website. Our appreciation to Omnibond Systems for donating computing resources and trainers’ time in support of this hackathon.

MS-CC Annual Meeting, May 11

A full day of sessions and panels is planned for Thursday, including speakers from the White House Initiative on Advancing Educational Equity, Excellence, and Economic Opportunity Through Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs), National Science Foundation's Office of Advanced Cyberinfrastructure, and campus leaders from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs). You will also be recognized during the Annual Meeting and receive your certificates at 3:45 p.m. as part of the official program!

Health and Safety, Travel Support

Please take a moment to review our health and safety guidelines and events code of conduct for the event. Please also take a few minutes to review your signed copy of the MS-CC Hackathon Travel Acceptance & Release form.

Questions?

If you have any questions as you prepare for your travels, please feel free to contact me at

Safe travels and see you next week in Atlanta!

Teni Agbesanwa (she/her/they/them)
MS-CC Program Coordinator

  • [mscc-hackathon23] See you in Atlanta next week!, Teniola Agbesanwa, 05/01/2023