metaverse - [metaverse] Meeting Reminder - Tuesday at 3pm ET, in RecRoom

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] Meeting Reminder - Tuesday at 3pm ET, in RecRoom

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] Meeting Reminder - Tuesday at 3pm ET, in RecRoom
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019 21:30:32 +0000

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder to join the Metaverse Working Group's monthly meeting tomorrow at 3:00 PM EST.

We will be meeting using the RecRoom platform this month, and you can find login and connection directions below.  Note that RecRoom does not have a non-VR client, but is available on Rift/Vive/WMR/Quest/Index/PSVR.

Metaverse Working Group Agenda - 8/6/19 - 3:00 PM EST

1. Welcome & Introductions
2. Experimenting with RecRoom
3. VR Collaboration Platform Rubric Development
4. VR Project Updates/Discussion
5.  Other/Announcements

Instructions to install RecRoom and join the meeting:

Platform:  RecRoom
Website:  https://www.againstgrav.com/rec-room

1. Open RecRoom
2. Create an account, customize your avatar if desired.
3. Open the wrist watch interface and select “People”
4. Select “Find” and search for me, bfinemani2
5. Add me as a friend and I will invite you to the private room

This process would be a little easier if we made the room public, but if we want to avoid random internet strangers this might be the best we can do.

Thanks and I hope to hang out with some of you virtually tomorrow!

Thank you,
Ben

Ben Fineman
Sr. Program Manager, Industry Engagement
Internet2

Twitter - @bfineman
734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • [metaverse] Meeting Reminder - Tuesday at 3pm ET, in RecRoom, Ben Fineman, 08/05/2019