metaverse - [metaverse] REMINDER: Metaverse Working Group at 3:00 PM EST Tomorrow! (VRChat)

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] REMINDER: Metaverse Working Group at 3:00 PM EST Tomorrow! (VRChat)

  • From: "Collins, Chris (collicn)" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Ben Fineman <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] REMINDER: Metaverse Working Group at 3:00 PM EST Tomorrow! (VRChat)
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2019 19:49:09 +0000

Hi all,

Just a friendly reminder to join the Metaverse Working Group's monthly meeting tomorrow at 3:00 PM EST.

We will be meeting using the VRChat platform this month, and you can find login and connection directions below.  Note that, if this is your first time using VRChat, you may need additional time before the meeting to download the platform updates and assets. Also, VRChat allows both desktop and VR users to join (although I think PC only!), so you can join the meeting even if you don't have a VR system.  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend tomorrow, but Ben Fineman will be the host.

Metaverse Working Group Agenda - 4/2/19

1. Welcome & Introductions
2. Experimenting with VRChat
3. Global Summit MWG Meeting Report
4. VR Collaboration Platform Rubric Development
5. VR Project Updates/Discussion
6.  Other/Announcements

Instructions to install VRChat and join the meeting:

Platform:  VRChat

1.  Go to the website and create an account OR use your Steam login to connect.

2.  Download the platform through Steam or the Oculus store.  Desktop users can use the Steam client.

3.  Once you've logged in, pull up the Menu and select the "Social" menu.

4.  In the Social menu, search for the user "benfineman" and send him a friend request.

5.  Once Ben accepts your friend request, you can click the "Join" button on his avatar profile (lower right corner) to teleport to the private meeting room.  See the attached photo for a screenshot.

Thanks and I hope you have a great meeting!

- Chris

Chris M. Collins, Sr. IT Manager
UCSIM | Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research
Division of Innovation & Partnerships
IT@UC Information Technologies (UCIT)
University of Cincinnati
400 University Hall
PO Box 210658
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0658

(513) 556-3018

http://ucsim.uc.edu

  • [metaverse] REMINDER: Metaverse Working Group at 3:00 PM EST Tomorrow! (VRChat), Collins, Chris (collicn), 04/01/2019