metaverse - [metaverse] Reminder: VR Meeting Tomorrow @ 3PM - AltspaceVR

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] Reminder: VR Meeting Tomorrow @ 3PM - AltspaceVR

  • From: "Collins, Chris (collicn)" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: Ben Fineman <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] Reminder: VR Meeting Tomorrow @ 3PM - AltspaceVR
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 16:49:33 +0000

Hi all,

A reminder to please join us tomorrow on February 5th from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM EST for our first monthly Virtual Reality Meetup of the year in AltSpaceVR!

AltSpaceVR is one of the original meeting/collaboration tools we tried a couple of years ago, and it supports Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Google DayDream, Samsung GearVR, and desktop mode on PC for those without VR (Windows only, I believe).

Platform Website:  https://altvr.com/

Metaverse Working Group Event Link:  https://account.altvr.com/events/1135577686253502958
Monthly meeting of the Internet2 Metaverse Working Group
account.altvr.com

I setup the virtual meeting room to open at 2:00 PM EST in case people want to try to connect in advance, but our meeting will begin at 3:00 PM EST.

Instructions to join:
  • Download the application from:  https://altvr.com/
  • Launch the application
  • Pick your avatar
  • Click the Event link above to enter the Metaverse Working Group event where we'll be meeting.
Thanks and I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow afternoon!

- Chris

Chris M. Collins, Sr. IT Manager
UCSIM | Center for Simulations & Virtual Environments Research
Division of Innovation & Partnerships
IT@UC Information Technologies (UCIT)
University of Cincinnati
400 University Hall