metaverse - [metaverse] Call for participants - panel on Virtual Reality Campus IT Architecture

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] Call for participants - panel on Virtual Reality Campus IT Architecture

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] Call for participants - panel on Virtual Reality Campus IT Architecture
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 19:46:05 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi all, at this fall’s Internet2 Technology Exchange I am moderating a panel session called “The Impact of Virtual Reality on Campus IT Architecture”. While we have some great community members already engaged, I would welcome adding some new voices to this panel. Please consider if you or one of your colleagues might be interesting in participating in this session. Remember that you need not be an “expert” in this space as we are all learning about these emerging technologies together.

Session abstract: "Virtual reality is upon us - the consumer release of immersive head mounted displays has made high quality virtual reality experiences available to faculty, staff, and students around the world. The new capabilities that these technologies enable are broad ranging - from virtual field trips, to hands on training, to completely new pedagogies and more. But, any new technology comes with implications for campus IT architectures. In this session, a panel of virtual reality experts from higher education and industry will discuss the challenges and opportunities that virtual reality technologies will bring to our campus IT environments.”

Please direct any potential panelists to contact me via email.

Thanks,
Ben

/*-----------------------
Benjamin J. Fineman
Program Manager, NET+ Video, Voice, and Collaboration Services
Internet2

Request a meeting with me: https://calendly.com/benfineman

(email/video/chat)
http://www.internet2.edu

734.352.4975 (desk)
734.417.0811 (mobile)

  • [metaverse] Call for participants - panel on Virtual Reality Campus IT Architecture, Ben Fineman, 08/15/2017