metaverse - [metaverse] VR JAM: Tomorrow, 2pm ET

Subject: Metaverse Working Group

[metaverse] VR JAM: Tomorrow, 2pm ET

  • From: Ben Fineman <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [metaverse] VR JAM: Tomorrow, 2pm ET
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 18:05:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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
  • Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:0

Hi all, this is a reminder of our monthly VR Jam tomorrow at 2pm-3pm ET. We will be trying the same platform, “Engage”. Here are the instructions:

This platform is Windows only. It supports but does not require Oculus Rift and HTC Vive - you can also join using a traditional monitor/keyboard/mouse. It is available on Steam and Oculus Home but does not appear to be available as a standalone download.

Instructions to join:
  • Launch the application
  • (Optional) Configure your profile and avatar in “My Profile”
  • Select “Join a Live Lesson”
  • Select “MyServer” from the list. NOTE: The platform does not appear to be working for custom meeting names and meeting passwords, so if there are more than one “MyServer” keep trying until you find the right one. If possible I will use the name “Metaverse” and the password “Internet2” but this was not working when I tested.
That’s it! If you have time I might encourage you to log into the platform and do a demo lesson, there is one with Neil deGrasse Tyson that I enjoyed.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow in VR -

Best,
Ben

 /*-----------------------
Benjamin J. Fineman
Program Manager, NET+ Video, Voice, and Collaboration Services
Internet2

Request a meeting with me: https://calendly.com/benfineman

(email/video/chat)
http://www.internet2.edu