megaconference - [Megacon] Storytelling Camps to Build Communication Skills__article

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Storytelling Camps to Build Communication Skills__article

  • From: Eric Miller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Storytelling Camps to Build Communication Skills__article
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 03:25:38 +0530

Dear Educational Videoconferencing People,

Hello!

This article appeared in a Chennai newspaper
yesterday --

"Storytelling Camps to Build Communication Skills",
www.indianstorytellingnetwork.org/chennai2016a.jpg .

A list of approx 10 Storytelling Instructors in these
camps is at,
www.indianstorytellingnetwork.org/chennai2016.html .

***

This past February, Chennai Storytelling Festival
2016 provided opportunities for approx 30 people
to lead a variety of Storytelling Workshops --
for 185 college students,
www.storytellinginstitute.org/2016b.jpg ),
and for 140 educators, trainers, therapists,
parents, and other adults
www.storytellinginstitute.org/2016c.jpg ).

Optional guidelines were provided for the leaders
of the Basic Storytelling Workshops (there were
15 sections of this Workshop over 3 days). These
guidelines are at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/2016.htm .

Says Dr Eric (Director of the World Storytelling
Institute, and the Chennai Storytelling Festival),

"I have been conducting Storytelling Workshops
for adults here in Chennai for ten years now.
Approx 300 people have attended my 7-session
Workshop for adults, and approx 20 of these are
currently doing professional storytelling work in
Chennai -- they are performing, and are training
adults and/or children. I feel that helping to train
Storytelling Instructors is my most important work,
and I am very happy that so much storytelling
training is now available in Chennai, from so many
people. Story-listening and storytelling help us
to improve our abilities to think and feel".

***

If you also might like to experience some of this
training, the next 2 WSI Storytelling Workshops
in Chennai are:

3-session Storytelling Workshop for adults --
afternoons of Fri 6, Sat 7, Sun 8 May,
www.storytellinginstitute.org/232.html .

7-session Storytelling Workshop for adults
mornings of 7 consecutive Sunday mornings --
beginning on Sunday 12 June,
www.storytellinginstitute.org/22.html .

Advanced coaching is available for people
who have already attended editions of this
Workshop.

***

"Therapeutic Uses of Story and Storytelling"
is one of the topics taught in these Workshops.
More info about this is in this article by Dr Eric,
www.storytellinginstitute.org/145.pdf .

***

It seems the first two weeks of February
(the dates of the Chennai Storytelling Festival,
4 editions completed) is a highlight time for
training adults in storytelling in Chennai
(although this training is also available
throughout the year),
and
mid-April to the end of May (summer camp season)
is a highlight time for training children and
teenagers in storytelling in Chennai (although
this training too is also available throughout
the year).

***

In addition, the WSI offers Storytelling Workshops
for children, teenagers, and adults by videoconference --
anytime, anywhere. An article about WSI Storytelling
training via videoconference is at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/72.jpg .

Links to recordings of videoconferences Dr Eric
has co-facilitated are at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/av.html .

***

Contact:
+91 98403 94282

www.storytellinginstitute.org
www.storytellingandvideoconferencing.com

  • [Megacon] Storytelling Camps to Build Communication Skills__article, Eric Miller, 04/12/2016