megaconference - [Megacon] Looking for free-to-air educational TV content

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Looking for free-to-air educational TV content

  • From: Frank Fulchiero <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Megacon] Looking for free-to-air educational TV content
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 13:06:28 -0400

Sorry for asking an off-topic question here, but am running out of options. Please ignore if annoyed!
I think the big video and research channel working group lists are defunct.

I don't at Connecticut College any longer, now at a non-profit Community Access Studio for our local Comcast cable franchise. (CA= Public Access, Educational Access, Government Access = PEG)

We have a second channel, and are looking for free-to-air programming to show when we don't play our own productions.

On our first channel, dedicated to Public Access, we use the Classic Arts Showcase

We can pick it up using Dish TV and feed it to our switcher.

The second channel will be for Education and Government content. Looking for Educational content we could play.

What I have found so far is the University of California Television

This would work well, as it can be received on a Roku, very inexpensive, and routed to our switch, and they have a wide variety of programming and seems to be 24/7.

Transmission would have to be pretty much on a reliable, reproducible schedule.
Unfortunately we are not multicast enabled nor have a hardware VC endpoint.
Many Community Access stations use NASA-TV but we are trying to find something more original.

Does anyone have any other ideas?
Hope it's ok to still ask a question here, my apologies if not. Any other more appropriate lists?

Thanking anyone for feedback.

Frank Fulchiero
Production Manager
SEC-TV