megaconference - [Megacon] Invitation to a Videoconference-webcast on Using Storytelling for Teaching Languages__Tues 10 Feb

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Invitation to a Videoconference-webcast on Using Storytelling for Teaching Languages__Tues 10 Feb

  • From: Eric Miller <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Invitation to a Videoconference-webcast on Using Storytelling for Teaching Languages__Tues 10 Feb
  • Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 22:24:54 +0530

Dear Educators involved with Videoconferencing /
Internet 2 Community Members,

Greetings!

Please join Richard Martin (of England, Germany,
and Italy, www.tellatale.eu ) -- and myself, Eric
Miller (of the USA and India,
www.storytellingandvideoconferencing.com ) --
in a videoconference conversation about "Using
Storytelling for Teaching Languages"!

Or just watch-and-listen-to the live webcast of
the videoconference (and, if you might like, send
in comments and questions via e-mail, to which
the videoconferencers could respond).

Day:
Tues 10 Feb (for most people).

Time:
Sydney (Australia) time -- 1:30am, Wed 11 Feb.
Singapore time -- 10:30pm, Tues 10 Feb.
India time -- 8pm, Tues 10 Feb.
England time -- 2:30pm, Tues 10 Feb.
USA East Coast time -- 9:30am, Tues 10 Feb.
USA West Coast time -- 6:30am, Tues 10 Feb.
Hawaii time -- 4:30am, Tues 10 Feb.

This videoconference would occur via "Google
Hangout," which enables people at up to ten
communication devices to videoconference
together.

If you might be interested to participate in the
videoconference, please send an e-mail to me,
Eric, at .

The live webcast would appear on a Youtube
webpage.

For the logistical details, please see
www.storytellinginstitute.org/337a.html .

***

Richard and I would be participating in this event
from the same computer in Chennai (on India's
southeast coast).

We are the co-hosts of the 3rd annual Chennai
Storytelling Festival --

Chennai Storytelling Festival 2015 (4-15 Feb),
"Storytelling for Teaching and Training."

The above-described videoconference-webcast
would be an event in the Festival.

The schedule of the remaining seven days
of Festival is at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/332.html .

Links to descriptions of Festival events are at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/337.html .

The Festival Poster is at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/35.html .

***

For online recordings of past similar
videoconference-webcasts, please see

Videoconference Discussion about "Storytelling
and Healing" (Jan 2014).  Info about, and a link to
a recording of, this videoconference is at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/88.htm .

Videoconference Discussion about "Dragons
and other Monsters," on World Storytelling Day
(March 2014).  Info about, and a link to a recording
of, this videoconference is at
www.storytellinginstitute.org/77.htm .

***

Many thanks,

- Eric
Chennai

Dr Eric Miller (PhD in Folklore)
www.storytellingandvideoconferencing.com

Director, World Storytelling Institute,
and Chennai Storytelling Festival,
www.storytellinginstitute.org

<end>

  • [Megacon] Invitation to a Videoconference-webcast on Using Storytelling for Teaching Languages__Tues 10 Feb, Eric Miller, 02/08/2015