megaconference - [Megacon] Sharon Salzberg ( Free Livestream)

Subject: Megaconference

[Megacon] Sharon Salzberg ( Free Livestream)

  • From: "Haas, John" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Cc: "Torres-Bower, Ana" <>, "Haas, John" <>
  • Subject: [Megacon] Sharon Salzberg ( Free Livestream)
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:48:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Dear All,

Save the Date!!!

The Global Consortium for Sustainable Peace, and the History and Philosophy Departments at Cerritos College are very proud to host renowned meditation teacher Sharon Salzberg Tuesday April 15th, 2014 11-12:30p.m(PST) Location: Burnight Theatre

This event will be Live streamed. Here is the link:

https://new.livestream.com/accounts/4129201/events/2735864

 “Mindfulness helps us get better at seeing the difference between what’s happening and the stories we tell ourselves about what’s happening, stories that get in the way of direct experience. Often such stories treat a fleeting state of mind as if it were our entire and permanent self.”
Sharon Salzberg, Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation

 “By engaging in a delusive quest for happiness, we bring only suffering upon ourselves. In our frantic search for something to quench our thirst, we overlook the water all around us and drive ourselves into exile from our own lives. ”
Sharon Salzberg

 “For all of us, love can be the natural state of our own being; naturally at peace, naturally connected, because this becomes the reflection of who we simply are.”
Sharon Salzberg, Lovingkindness: The Revolutionary Art of Happiness

 “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.”

Sharon Salzberg, Real Happiness: The Power of Meditation

 Sharon Salzberg is a New York Times Best-selling author and influential teacher of Buddhist meditation practices in the West. Indeed, she has played a crucial role in bringing Asian meditation practices to the West. The ancient Buddhist practices of vipassana (mindfulness) and metta (lovingkindness) are the foundations of her work. In 1974, she co-founded the Insight Meditation Society at Barre, Massachusetts with Jack Kornfield and Joseph Goldstein. Sharon has emerged as a featured speaker and teacher at a wide variety of events. She served as a panelist with the Dalai Lama and leading scientists at the 2005 Mind and Life Investigating the Mind Conference in Washington, DC. She also coordinated the meditation faculty for the 2005 Mind and Life Summer Institute, an intensive five-day meeting to advance research on the intersection of meditation and the cognitive and behavioral sciences.

John Haas, History Professor and Director of the Global Consortium, will speak with renowned meditation teacher and best-selling author Sharon Salzberg about Buddhism, forgiveness, meditation, mindfulness and her new best-selling book  Real Happiness at Work. In this latest publication, Salzberg teaches us how to cultivate mindfulness, compassion, and awareness at work. Please join us for this Livestream production where Sharon will talk about these principles and teach us how to bring them to fruition in the workplace.

  • [Megacon] Sharon Salzberg ( Free Livestream), Haas, John, 03/17/2014